Manhattan Loft-Like Home w/ Bay Views
Presented by Victoria Clemons & Julia Bernardini
Contemporary Smart Home w/ Bay Views in Hot Bernal Heights
4BD 3.5BA I ~2,743 SqFt I 2-Car Garage I $2.545MM
This contemporary Manhattan loft-like smart home was built with the highest quality craftsmanship & sophisticated modern design. Fantastic indoor/outdoor flow with multiple terraces & a yard that offers spectacular Bay, downtown & East Bay views. Top-of-the-line finishes, open floor-plan, gourmet kitchen with Miele appliances, custom cabinetry, wine fridge, & 2 gas fireplaces. Home features include radiant heat, recessed lighting, motorized shades, a hardwired alarm system & in-wall speakers. Plank wood flooring, cathedral ceilings, ceiling-to-floor windows, skylights, and a cool designer staircase. Three spacious bedrooms & 3 spa-like bathrooms + a powder room conveniently located on the main level. The owner’s suite has two closets including a custom walk-in closet and direct access to a terrace w/ beautiful Bay views. 4th bedroom on the lower level is currently used as a family/TV room and offers direct access to the yard for outdoor dining/lounging, a wet bar, and a doggy door for your pet. Entertainer’s dream! Recent upgrades include brick, wood & concrete wall paneling, smart lock & doorbell, modern steel pivot front door, and garage door. Samsung W/D plus a 2-car garage with EV charger and a workshop area. Located on top of Bernal Hill near Precita & Bernal Heights Park. Easy access to 101/280 & Cortland Ave with its coffee shops, markets, hair salons, and restaurants. Your dream home awaits!
TASTE OF THE NEIGHBORHOOD
Before it was called the hottest neighborhood in San Francisco, Bernal Heights was the best-kept secret in SF real estate for a long time. Short commutes into downtown, relatively affordable homes and panoramic hilltop views made it a desirable place for artists, musicians, and tech workers to settle down. It sits south of the city’s downtown and is bisected by Cortland Avenue, the main shopping strip populated by small markets, cafes, restaurants, and hair and nail salons. It appeals primarily to people working in tech and financial services, who come for the charming small-town feel and spectacular views. Bernal Heights is becoming a destination on its own, especially the stretch closest to the Mission. One of its gems, Precita Park, spans three blocks and offers locals a place to picnic, toss a Frisbee, or catch an outdoor movie. Across from the park is what one local calls “the best corner store ever.” Harvest Hills Market feels like a pint-sized Whole Foods. It specializes in natural and organic foods. Bernal Heights Park, located in the north end, draws visitors from around the city and beyond. A closed-off road winds up a large rocky hill. It’s a strenuous walk but the views from the top are unmatched. On a clear day, visitors can see the San Francisco Bay, the Golden Gate Bridge, downtown, and the hills of the East Bay.
HOME IMPROVEMENTS 2017-2019
- Turned north-side wall and two walls of L1 bedroom into the red brick wall using reclaimed bricks from Chicago (Vintage Brick Salvage LLC, installed by Ashbury Construction).
- Installed LED strip lighting for all the stairs in the house.
- Installed LED strip in kitchen island & extended recessed LED strip around cabinets.
- Added cedar wood cap on staircase glass fences.
- Retiled kitchen wall with European porcelain tiles (EuroWest).
- Added Spanish larva stone tiles to the fireplace.
- Replaced or added porcelain tiles to level 1 and level 2 bathroom (EuroWest).
- Added medicine cabinets to Level 1 and Level 2 bathrooms.
- Installed the shower door for level 2 and level 3 bathrooms (California Shower Door).
- Replaced Level 1 vanity cabinet to have better storage space.
- Painted the exterior & interior with modern grey, black & white colors.
- Installed Tesla Level 2 home charger and got inspected.
- Replaced most switches (55) with Lutron Caseta Wireless Smart switches & Leviton Z-Wave smart switches & simplified lighting cables. Integrated all the lights into smart home service (Google/Alexa/ SmartThings)
- Installed Enterprise LAN grade home networking devices for each floor with Dual WAN set-up (Comcast + Monkeybrain).
- Changed the recessed lighting fixture on stairs to make the light brighter and directional to highlight paintings and installed a track light system in Level 1 bedroom and hallway.
- Installed SimpliSafe security system and sensors.
- Added power outlets in the walk-in closets.
- Changed the front door with a custom-made steel pivot door (Modern Steel Doors).
- Changed the garage door and upgraded the garage door opener to commercial grade.
- Custom-made smart door lock (Modified Yale door lock) to fit 4”+ doors.
- Installed Nest Hello doorbell (Security video and doorbell all integrated under Nest).
- Replaced bay window on Level 5 to a much larger size channel window for more light & privacy
- Added metal cladding on Level 5 exterior wall.
- Re-routed rain drain (buried rain gutter in the electric panel room).
- Installed exterior wall scone and added switch.
- Changed front door ceiling light.
- Removed existing exterior planters and added metal planters.
- Replaced kitchen pendant light and dining table chandelier.
- Exposed concrete wall in Level 1 bedroom.
- Added wood panel in Level 5 master bedroom.
- Added wood panel to Level 4 wall.
- Added closet shelving in all the closets.
- Added a doggy door in Level 1.
- Added Lutron Serena motorized blinds in the Living room.
- Custom-made wood shelving and drawers by the front door.
- Moved mailbox from electric panel room to the garage – changed the electric panel room door.
- Built workshop/workbench in the garage.
- 4 bedrooms & 3.5 bathrooms
- Chef’s kitchen w/ Miele appliances
- Open floor-plan
- Hardwood floors
- Cathedral/Vaulted ceilings
- Ceiling-to-floor windows & skylights
- Decorative brick, wood & concrete wall paneling
- Recessed lighting & high-end light fixtures
- 55 Lutron Smart light switches
- Motorized shades in the living room
- Two Gas fireplaces
- Samsung W/D on bedroom level
- Custom closets systems
- 4 terraces w/ Bay and East Bay views
- A large yard w/ a doggy door for your pet
- Custom-made steel modern pivot front door & garage door
- 2-Car Garage w/ EV charger & storage
- Built-in workshop & bench
- Hardwired alarm system & Simplisafe security system
- In-wall speakers
- Smart lock & Nest Hello doorbell
Victoria Clemons & Julia Bernardini
415.827.6552 | Victoria.Clemons@compass.com
Lic # 01972746